HOW DO ANTIBODIES HELP TREAT COVID-19?
- Monoclonal antibodies are laboratory made proteins that mimic the immune system’s ability to fight off harmful viruses like COVID-19.
- Monoclonal antibodies attack the virus and reduce its ability to spread through your body.
- Early treatment with monoclonal antibodies may prevent the condition from progressing to more severe disease.
DO YOU QUALIFY FOR MONOCLONAL ANTIBODY THERAPY?
To qualify, you should test positive for COVID-19, have had mild to moderate symptoms for 10 days or less, AND be included in at least one criteria listed below:
- If you are age 65+
- If you have chronic medical conditions such as:
High blood pressure
Chronic Kidney Disease
Sickle Cell Disease
Immunosuppressive disease or treatment
Other medical conditions
WHAT HAPPENS DURING
- Receive a one-time outpatient IV infusion OR injections
- Observed for one hour after treatment
- Continue isolation at home for 10 days